Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pink Stitches Guest Blog

Hello Running With Glitter readers!! My name is Bonnie and I blog over at Pink Stitches!


Pink Stitches

I'm so happy to be guest blogging with Kelly today. I'll be sharing a tutorial on how to make a whimsy bicycle tee. But first, let me tell you a little bit about myself.

I'm a stay at home momma and I've been married to my sweet husband for six years now. We have an adorable two year old son named AJ and I am seriously in love. I started sewing in January and have since become obsessed with making things! I opened my Etsy Shop in March and have just been steadily moving along, learning new things everyday! I'd be so lost without all my supportive followers and the inspirational blogs that I read everyday.

Now, onto the tutorial!!



I am totally loving this cute tee I made! I got the idea from an A&F shirt I had seen that cost something like $40!! I can't believe I used to pay that much money for a t-shirt. Guilty as charged!
But now, I have my handy dandy Silhouette machine and I can do anything! Here is what you'll need to make this shirt:


- Plain Tee (mine was on Target clearance)
- Hot Pink Smooth Heat Transfer Paper (or any color you want)
- Scraps of fabric
- Liquid Stitch
- Iron
- Needle and Thread
It would be nice to have a Silhouette Machine but if you don't, I'm sure a Cricut machine can do the trick or you can just free hand it!
First, cut out a picture of a bike with a basket on your Heat Transfer Paper (plastic side down). I found my picture on the Silhouette Library (.99 cents). Make sure you mirror your image horizontally if you're including text, like I am. Peel off access paper.


Position the image onto your shirt where you want it (plastic side up). Text should read correctly now.


Place a sheet/ spare fabric/ thin towel over the image and press (iron) for about 45-60 seconds. Just follow the directions on the Heat Tranfer Paper box.


Peel off the plastic. If the image still comes up with the plastic, press again.


Now bust out your scraps of fabric (preferably thin, but it's up to you) and your Liquid Stitch.


Scrunch up your fabric strip, accordian style.


Apply a bit of glue to the bottom and position on your bike basket. Continue doing this with your fabric scraps until you have the desired amount of "flowers" in your basket.


Hand stitch flowers in place so they'll be safe to wash. Just a few stitches on each scrap should be fine. This is also the time to re-adjust the flowers to look as you want them to.


And you are DONE! You are left with pure cuteness!!



Don't forget to come visit Pink Stitches for some more tutorials and hopefully some inspiration!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...