Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chapstick Tutorial, Templet & Free Pinkalicious Label


One of my daughter's favorite things is Chapstick. A collector of lip balm one may even call her. I decided that for her party it would be fun to make little personalized chapsticks for her and her friends.
There was several ways I could do this.
  • Martha Stewart has a great tutorial on making lip gloss here
  • I could order the supplies from CandleLynnSupplies on Etsy to do a little DIY
  • I could buy Chapstick and replace the labels
I decide to "sorta" make my own the #2 Etsy way.  Here's how:
  1. Gather Supplies-Lip Balm Base, tubes, and flavor
  2. Melt your base in the microwave. Checking and stirring every 30 seconds until it liquifies
  3. Add your flavor. I just guessed and added drops until I thought it tasted "right".  My daughter's choice of flavor was Monkey Farts and Cotton Candy. hmmmm...
  4. Fill your tubes. I used a small plastic bowl to keep the tubes from falling over. 
  5. Let harden. I popped mine in the Fridge for about an hour. 
Now for the Wrappers:
I have already been warned by Aubrey's 5 year old boy friend that he will not eat a pink cupcake so I decided to spare her the embarrassment and make a few boy labels too. lol

To make the wrappers I simply found images online and edited them in Picnik. Pinkalicious for the Girls and Monsters Inc. for the boys. In Picnik I cropped the images into a square, then added the oval sticker for their names in white and topped with my text. Easy Peasy. LOVING PICNIK! Then I saved the image to my desktop and dragged the image {copy and paste}to the word template, resized to fit in the template box and repeated as necessary. DONE! Again, Easy Peasy!

Here is the Pinkalicious chapstick label I made. You are more than welcome to use it. Just Click on the image then Right Click and save to your computer and add your own Text.



This was a  huge time saver! Blank MS Word Chapstick Template HERE

To attach my labels I used standard packing tape and plain printer paper.. I was pretty proud of myself for discovering this :) It worked out fabulously. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person but hey...

Here is how to attach the labels:

  1. Gather Supplies- Packing Tape, Printed Paper, Scissors, blank filled chapstick tube
  2. Cut your labels out on the dotted lines and cover with packing tape. Trim the edges of tape that hang over the sides. Do not cut the tape off the ends. You will need this to secure the label to the tube.
  3. Wrap around the Chapstick and smooth the tape down. It will look seamless.
  4. Easy, Personal and cute!!!




HAPPY 
5th BIRTHDAY 
AUBREY ROSE!!!!!!
xoox

DIY Club
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...