Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kool-Aid Play Dough


My daughter's Kindergarten teacher had a sign-up sheet for play dough at Meet the Teacher day. I was really excited when I saw that we could make our own since she was not requiring the store bought kind! Coincidentally, the son of one of my best friends is in my daughter's class so we decided to have a play dough making party Friday after school! My favorite homemade play dough is Kool-Aid play dough. It has a surprisingly yummy scent and makes the dough a fun bright color.
Ingredients needed: 
Cooking Oil
Salt
Flour
Kool-Aid packet
Optional-food coloring if you want the colors richer

Time for Fun! Add 1 packet of Kool-Aid, 1 cup of white flour, 2 tablespoons of oil. 1/2 cup of salt and 1 cup of boiling water to a large mixing bowl.
Mix with a wooden spoon at first because it will be hot! When the dough cools enough, use your hands to knead the dough until the color is consistent and the dough is formed. When finished, place in an air-tight container or baggie for storing.
We had a great time making this, and I'm certain all the kids will all enjoy this yummy smelling play dough in their kindergarten class!

Sharing this at fun link parties here
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...