Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cool and Cozy Pet Bed

If you know me you know that I LOVE my dogs.. So I'm sure that you will see many pet projects here on the Glitter blog. Lilly and Blue needed a new bigger bed and I needed a new project so off to Google I went. I looked high and low online for a tutorial on a dog bed and nothing was what I was looking for. I finally found this tutorial Cool and Cozy Pet Bed  added my own twist on it ant this is what I came up with. It was a little hard for me and I was a bit confused by the tutorial but It did help get me started!  Basically, I cut two rectangles 37X27. The top with Duck fabric and the bottom with fleece (which you can't see in the photo). I used a contrasting duck fabric for the sides and added a zipper on one end. This was my first experience with a zipper.. I just cut my 6 inch strip in half for the side and sewed it in. I patched the end with a scrap peice of fabric so you would not see a hole.. I then sewed the sides to the top fabric then sewed the bottom fleece to the sides. Stuffed with the insides from two old pillows and TADA!  I'm sure that I did it wrong in an experts eyes but to my dogs It's perfect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...