Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Angel Food Cupcakes

Angel Food Cupcakes where have you been all my life?
 I lost 60 pounds this past year by counting calories and these would have been a simple great low calorie snack... Who am I kidding they still can be!  I had no idea that you could make cupcakes with angel food cake batter. Am I the only one who did not know that? I'm obviously not a baker but I hope that some day I will be able to be able to make beautiful creations. Practice makes perfect right..
My dad loves Angel food cake and every year for his birthday I make him a cake. When getting ready to bake his cake I noticed while reading the directions on the box {yes I said box.. It was getting late and I needed to have it for the morning.. he will never know the difference *wink*} that you can make cupcakes! Where have I been? I filled my liners 3/4 full of the fluffy batter and added 25 degrees to the baking temp per the box directions. They baked beautifully and because it was angel food I did not feel as guilty eating more than one of them. 
I added fresh sliced and sweetened strawberries and a dollop of cool whip. 
SIMPLE & PERFECT!

They are just beautiful! No one will ever know it is a boxed mix! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...