Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sugar Meringue Candy Dots





My daughter's favorite candy are these cute little candy buttons! She is really under the weather, and we could not make a trip out to the store.. I googled Candy Dots and found a recipe on Rachel Ray. I changed it up just a bit... So If you are a by the book gal, you should do it her way...lol. I tucked a handful of these away {hid them from the kids} for cupcake toppers!




First, cut plain printer Paper into 2.5 X 11 inch strips


Prepare your Ingredients..
2.5 cups of Powdered Sugar
2 egg whites (or powdered egg whites mixed per box directions)
Food Coloring. I used a pastel set


















I did not have any powdered sugar on hand so I made my own. I have a Blendtec blender and use it for EVERYTHING! VERY COOL!
Check out this video from Will It Blend? 







Mix Powdered sugar and egg whites for 5 minutes with a mixer
Divide batter into 4 baggies {or however many different colors you are going to do}
Add food coloring to each bag and mix in bag. This will save you the huge mess of mixing in bowls and transferring to baggies later.Clip corner of baggie and pipe a line of candy. Squeeze from the top like you would toothpaste.
Let your candies dry for 12 hours and have fun!!! or see below..........


DIRECT FROM USDA:

What part of the egg carries the bacteria?
Researchers say the salmonella bacteria are usually in the yolk or yellow. But 
they can't rule out its presence in egg whites. So everyone is advised against
eating raw or undercooked egg yolks, whites or products containing them.
So... 
Bake at 225 for 15-30 minutes. Make sure they do not brown. This also speeds up the drying process so you don't have to wait the 12 hours it takes for them to dry
-OR-
Use Powdered Egg whites

 Normally, I would go to the store and buy powered 
sugar and powdered egg whites but, 
because both Aubrey Rose and Adrian are under the
weather we improvised. They turned out  
SUPER fun any surprisingly yummy!
Next time I'll add a little flavoring just for fun. 
They were like mini meringue bites.  
Baking them gave them a little puff.

{I would love it if you followed me and linked up to the Glitter Linky Party}




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...