Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dove Story and a Wire Bird Nest Necklace

When my daughter Aubrey Rose was born in June 2006, a mama Dove made her nest on our back porch. Aubrey was born at 26 weeks and at that time we had no idea what was going to happen. We cherished every moment we had with her. When the first dove came, it was a symbol for us that things were going to be alright. The mama Dove was in a way a sign of peace and a reminder to trust in God. Five years later, that same dove comes back every spring and keeps reminding us how amazing life is.

It is June and the dove and her nest are near to my heart. So when Laura at live.laugh.photograph posted this Tutorial on how to make a bird nest I knew immediately I wanted to make one.

Here is how mine turned out. I love it! Just beautiful!
{I used 26 gage silver wire and Swarovski pearls from Hobby Lobby. 
The two Pink stones symbolize me and my daughter 
and the brown pearls my husband and son} 

Okay, who am I kidding...I made like a dozen......
I kept one and gifted the rest of them. Yeah, I'm a compulsive crafter but not a craft hoarder..lol
 It makes me so happy to give the things I made away! 
{You can add as many pearls as you want. 
I added 6 to the top left one for my friend with 6 kids}

I tried to photograph the necklace on but Aubrey put her hand over it...
 It made me love the picture even more... 
{If you haven't picked up I'm pretty emotional about my daughter.}



  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
 John 14:27
{This is our Dove family 2011}
To learn how to make your own Wire Bird Nest please 
visit my dear friend Laura @ live.love.photograph here

To watch a Youtube video on how to make a 
different version with an attached loop to hang it with visit here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...