Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lip Smacking Good Dog Treats!

Lip smacking good dog treats!
I have a couple of dog treat snob dogs. I don't blame them! 
Have you read the ingredient list on the store bought ones?... YIKES

I thought I would share a great recipe that my doggies gobble up.

Chicken & Cheddar Dog Treats 


1 1/3 c wheat flour
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c + 1 Tbsp low sodium chicken broth (no onion!)
1/4 c vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Mix until ingredients combined. Add additional Tablespoons of broth if dough is too dry. Flour work surface. Roll dough to 1/2″ thickness. Cut into desired shape 
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (depending upon size). You want them firm but still a little chewy when you take them out of the oven. Cool and store in airtight container.

{Action Shots}

Roll out dough :)


  I used the Smallest star in the Wilton star set I got from Wal-Mart

If you want to Ice your doggie treats a great recipe for icing is here
Fun to make and 0 calories for me! 
{I was only a little tempted to try them}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...