Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My First Jars of Jam=YUMMY


My first attempt at Strawberry Jam and it is YUMMY!!!!
Simply lovely and yummy! It doesn't get better than that.
I used Ball's Low Sugar/No Sugar Pectin. It was Perfect not too sweet, not too tart. 
I just made two small batches of 6 half-pint jars: 3 jars of Strawberry and the other 3 jars Strawberry Grape {I substituted grape juice for the water}. For the Strawberry batch I wanted it chunky so I hand sliced my strawberries and for the Strawberry Grape I pulsed them a few times in my blender for a smoother consistency.  I feel confident to try a larger batch this weekend. Maybe Peach? These will make great Mother's day and Teacher Appreciation gifts!
I followed a great tutorial from Home improvements and Gardening HERE and a combination of the packaged directions.  There are hundreds of great recipes and tutorials on making Jam when I searched Google. Lots of great info out there! If you would rather make Freezer Jam, Mom's by heart linked up a great tutorial a few weeks ago. You can find her Tutorial HERE


The graphics I used as labels on the jars came from Free Pretty Things For You. I added text to the image in Picnik. then printed a sheet of the labels on sticker paper, and finally cut the labels out.
 If you have not made Jam before, have no fear and go ahead and give it a try.  I promise it is not that complicated and well worth the labor of love put into it. 


{Link Parties I join here}
{Join, this Weeks Running With Glitter Link Party here}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...