Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Personalized Tea/Coffee Mug Tutorial

 Today I'm going to share with you a super cute and easy gift idea.
Browsing Michaels armed with a 50% off coupon I found these blank photo mugs. They were $10.00 but my coupon made them $5.00. I have made a couple of trips this week :) The wheels began to turn... Then I spotted Amy Butler paper... SQUEAL!!!! Amy Butler is truly my favorite fabric designer and now this! Obviously this has been in the store a while because when I went to check out the Butler paper pack rang up $3.99! SHOCKING! I'm not a scrapbooker so I'm not familiar with paper.. But I'm familiar with the brand and know I got a smokin' deal. I right then decided that this paper was meant for this cup... Project problem solved. I came up with a Personalized Coffee/Tea mug. A couple of my girl friends have birthdays soon and they would drool over this paper... These mugs will make PERFECT gifts for them!  Here is how I made them........

First find a good quality travel mug. This one is a Michaels brand mug. It feels nice and heavy and seals up nice and tight. I'm sure you can find these at about any craft supply store.

Unscrew your cup and clean it. Then remove the fake family photo that was in the cup. Trace it on the back side of your paper. I use a pencil so I don't  have any pen marks on my paper.
Slip the paper you just cut out inside the cup and make sure it fits perfect.

This mug would be pretty if I just stopped right here! But decorate and personalize it I must.
I used my Silhouette SD to cut a frame and my name from the coordinating {yes, I bought one for myself too. I love it that much} papers. If you do not have a die cut machine you can always just cut out a shape with scalloped edged scissors and use letter stickers for the name. Have you seen the stickers at Hobby Lobby? SO many possibilities. It will be just as cute, I promise!
Glue your Frame and all your pieces to your main paper directly in the middle.
This is somewhat how your  paper should look like too. Easy peasy right? Roll your paper back up inside the cup, slip the cup back together and screw it together tight like Popeye the Sailorman and ENJOY! I'm making a few other little things to go along with the cups but I'm really excited about giving these away to my girls!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...