Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Jar of Happiness for my Birthday

Tuesday is my thirty-something birthday and I wanted to make something fun for myself. A little happiness in a jar for my happy day please! These are great because I know that in no way during the week could I make a cake for myself. I can just put the lid on these beauties and store in the fridge until my day. (okay so we all ate one tonight but there is still 4 left...) 

I have seen these fun little cupcakes baked right in the jar over at Babble and had to give it a try myself.  {My birthday was the perfect excuse} It's an awesome tutorial but I wanted to make mine on a smaller scale and simplify the mess a little. 
I did make mine a little different and wanted to share with you all what worked for me.
1)Mix a white cake mix as directed. Separate into as many bowls as you want colors. (now that I think about it you could just mix the batter and food coloring up in the baggie and save a bowl mess)
2) Place each color of batter into individual gallon baggies. Cut a corner of the baggie off.
3)Using the baggie you just filled with caked batter, layer to fill each 1/2 pint jar halfway full of cake batter. If you fill it more than that, it will bake over and out of the jar.
4) Place on a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 45 or so minutes until your knife comes out clean.
5)Scoop the top of the cupcake off to make room for the icing.
 (it was a fun surprise to see how beautiful it was inside)

YUMMY!!! Happy Birthday to me!

linking up here
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...