Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rolled Felt Rose Tutorial

This is a sweet, super simple and quick project. As you may have noticed, most of my projects are pretty instantly gratifying. I just can't do big projects.. #1 I get bored easily and #2 my kids get bored easily!
 I looked everywhere for a tutorial on making felt rosettes and did not have much luck. So, I decided to take matters into my hand, and this is what I came up with! 

Rolled Felt Rose Tutorial:


  1. Gather supplies. Felt, Fabric, fabric glue, scissors
  2. Cut a 4 X 4  inch square
  3. Cut the square into a circle
  4. Starting from the outside, cut a spiral. It does not have to be perfect...you can trim it up when you're finished. 
  5. Keep cutting until you run out of felt {I just realized I added the same photo twice, oops..}
  6. This is how it should look
  7. Place a dab of glue down and fold in the end. This will be the center of your rose. 
  8. Start rolling, adding a drop of glue every 1/2 turn
  9. Keep rolling until you get to the end
  10. Once at the end, place a drop of glue on the bottom and tuck your end under
  11. Trim off any long pieces of felt on the top.. Just trim it how you like
  12. Cut a heart out of your fabric and glue it to the bottom.. Attach to a clip with hot glue or E600 and you're done! 
See I told you it was simple! Now go make one.. or a dozen :)
    I spotted another great tutorial on how to make these over at Creation Corner. 
    You can see her tutorial here.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...