Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baked Blueberry Mini Doughnuts-Guest Chick Cooks

Can I just tell you that in posting this guest blog I have to hold back everything in me not to cheat today on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet! These little guys look beyond yummy! Katie over at This Chick Cooks has some serious yummy creations! Her blog is absolutely wonderful and DELICIOUS! Also, You don't want to miss her Recipe Link Party  every Wednesday
Welcome Katie!

My name is Katie and my blog is This Chick Cooks. I am super excited to guest post here at Running with Glitter. Thanks for having me, Kelly! I love cooking and trying out new recipes or coming up with my own creations. I'm a self taught cook with a simple style. This Chick Cooks focuses on recipes using ingredients that any cook can get anywhere.  I share all types of recipes from healthy to indulgent, and every Wednesday I host a recipe swap where you can come and show off your amazing recipes. 


Today I want to share a recipe for baked blueberry mini doughnuts with a simple lemon glaze. Don't fret if you don't have a donut pan, just make them as mini muffins. These are super easy and sure to be a crowd-pleaser. We have tried lots of doughnut variations at our house and these are the favorites. I’d love for you to stop by and visit me at This Chick Cooks and maybe even show off a few of your recipes at The Recipe Spotlight every Wednesday. 

Baked Blueberry Mini Doughnuts Recipe (or mini muffins)
yields about 24-30 mini doughnuts

1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons buttermilk (or regular milk)
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
½ cup blueberries

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Crush your berries with the back of a fork. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs, oil, blueberries and water. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Bake in a mini doughnut maker according to manufacturer directions. Alternatively, you can bake them in lined mini muffin tins for 7-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. While the doughnuts are cooling make your glaze.

For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Water

Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches a thick drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled doughnuts and enjoy!

Source: adapted from baked doughnut recipe at kingarthurflour.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...