Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Guest- Cherished Bliss

Hi Everyone! I'm Ashley from  


I am so excited to be over here at Running With Glitter

A little about me: I originally started my blog to help promote my etsy
shop, but it soon turned into a creative outlet for me! When I was pregnant
with my daughter I just all the sudden became what my mom likes to call me -
suzy homemaker : ) I guess having a girl I wanted to be able to teach
her how to sew and crochet... but first I had to teach myself! Sew I did
just that, and I have truly found a passion for sewing, crocheting,
decorating, and really anything DIY! I hope you will stop by my blog
to check out some of my other tutorials! I'd love to see you
there!! 
---------------------------

Today I am going to show you how to make a pintuck pillow. I loved this one
from Anthropologie and had to make it.. and it inspired me to make another
one too!


Here is my version. I used more of a pottery barn color scheme to better fit
my needs. It is made out of a  white cotton blend and beige linen. My
pintucking is closer together and a little thicker overall... I like mine
better : ) Shh! Don't tell anyone. 



  I absolutely love this pillow!! It is a great accent! and I'm a super
big fan of pintucking : ) 


Here is how I did it. 

Supplies

-Coordinating fabrics of your choice. Yardage depends on what size pillow
you are making (you will need the size of your pillow + 1 inch. and then
however much you want for your pintucking accent piece. It takes a bit of
fabric for the pintucking... I just kinda winged it in the measurements.
Assume you will need more cause it does go through the fabric kinda
quickly. 

-Sewing machine

-Matching thread
-Scissors

-Pillow insert

-Pins

{Tutorial}

1. Measure your pillow, add one inch (so if your pillow is 18x18, cut 19x19)
So you will need two squares for the front and back of the pillow, set these
aside (I like to do all my cutting first since that is my least favorite
part)

2. cut a pieces of fabric the width of the pillow, and then length depends
on how much pintucking you want to do... I think I used about 19x19 as
well.You might want to add a little extra on your width cause my edges got a
little crooked since I was gathering at random : )

3. First we will begin the pintucking process. Your going to put your fabric
right side down, and fold up little creases and sew them down.



Now, my absolute FAVORITE thing about this style of pintucking is {it
doesn't matter} It does not have to be a straight stitch...it's better if
it's not. It doesn't have to be the same size or lined up perfectly... it's
kinda like cooking dinner and not cleaning up the kitchen afterwards!!!
Oh.Yeah. : ) 

So Once you are done you should have a piece that looks like
this. 


4. Pin it centered on the right side of one of your squares you cut out
earlier. You can either press under the edges or I just took my last "tuck"
and then you sew it right on the front of your fabric! 



 

5. Next just assemble your pillow. Put the right sides of both squares
together (pintucking on the inside) sew three of the edges together, and on
the fourth side sew in a few inches (make sure and backstitch here) from
each corner leaving a gap in the middle, clip the corners, turn right side
out, insert pillow, and the slip stitch the hole closed 

You are done! Isn't it beautiful? I hope if you make some you will send me
your pictures! I can't wait to make these in some fun colors! 


The
pillow behind I just put the
pintucked fabric off center and
vertical. 




Here
is how they look on my bed!





If you
like the tray, head over to my blog
for the tutorial
on that! : ) 






A HUGE thank you to Kelly for
having me on her FABULOUS blog!!
I had a blast over here!!

Have a fabulous day!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...