Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Farmhouse Doll Bed for Aubrey Rose


I wish I could say that I made this bed but I would not be telling you the truth.
Ready? I have a confession... I, Kelly DeAnn, am afraid of power tools. *GASP I know* I took woodshop in high school and watched my boyfriend from back in the day CUT HIS THUMB OFF. I'll spare you the details. I am forever scared..

My daughter got Julie, an American Girl doll, for her birthday, and so of course Julie needed a bed. I recruited my handy dandy father-in-law to make it for me Aubrey. This bed is amazing, sturdy enough that the kids can sit on it, and way cute. It is for sure a family heirloom! My father-in-law said it was very simple, only took a couple of hours and cost him under $20 to make.

Okay, so I'm not a total slacker when it comes to making this bed because I did make the bedding!

Here is the 411 if you or a handy friend is up for a DIY....

AMAZING Farmhouse Doll Bed Tutorial HERE by Ana White.

Mattress Tutorial found here
**Note: her measurements are for a modified bed so you will need to make sure you take your own measurements before making the mattress from her tutorial. I learned the hard way and made it too small. My own fault for not reading directions better before I cut my fabric**


I just made the bedding using look alike quilt fabric and stitched in the fake ditch (seams) :) If anyone is interested in how I made the quilt, I will gladly do a tutorial. Just let me know.
We love everything about this bed. Thank you Papi!


{I'm linking up to these awesome blogs this week}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...